Hedge cutting, tree surgery and stump grinding demand expert care from a reliable team of tree surgeons. This not only results in a high standard of work overall but also ensures that safety procedures are followed. At Midgard Tree Services, we are fully aware of the inherent dangers that come with tree work and take every step necessary to guarantee the safety of our team and the general public. Operating in the region of Walton-on-Thames, we prioritise safety at every turn.
Local authorities, homeowners and commercial clients can reach our team on 01932 917888 or 07888 699267 to discuss hedge cutting, tree surgery, tree removal and more besides. Read on to find out how we meet health and safety legislation, the accreditations we hold and the training that our tree surgeons receive.
- We ensure that all Midgard Tree Services employees are trained to follow the ‘Work at Height Regulations 2005’, which guarantees the safety of our ladders, climbing harnesses and other equipment used for tree work at height.
- As employers, we are bound by the ‘Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999’ to conduct risk assessments of our workplace, including every site in Walton-on-Thames where tree surgery, hedge cutting or stump grinding occurs.
- Our team is fully trained to use hydraulic lifts in the proper fashion. This training is in line with the ‘Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998’, enhancing the safety of tree surgeons working at height.
- The use of protective clothing such as eye protection, hearing protectors, helmets, gloves and boots – all of which make up the personal protective equipment (PPE) that minimise potential harm.
- Full training for compliance with the ‘Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002’. This is important given the sawdust and petrol fumes common in the tree work and stump grinding we perform in the area surrounding Walton-on-Thames.
- All chainsaw operation is undertaken by a team member in full compliance with the ‘Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998’.
Our tree surgeons aim to deliver the ultimate peace of mind through safe working practices. By sticking to strict codes of conduct, our company is a trusted choice for tree surgery and conservation area work in the regions of Walton-on-Thames, Surrey and the South East.
We also perform OPM nest removal in the local area, removing the caterpillar hairs, which can lead to itching, breathing difficulties and allergic reactions.
Working closely with customers in Walton-on-Thames, our services include:
- Crown thinning, reductions and lifting
- Emergency callouts performed 24/7
- Hedge cutting and renewal pruning
- Directional felling and sectional dismantling
- Stump grinding and the collection of chippings
- Dead wooding, TPO applications and more
- A variety of logs and plants readily available